CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Purple Butterlies smash Blue Diamonds!







So, I tried something different in the format and I don't like it, so you will just have to get used to this on this post.
Jenna had her first soccer game last night. She did wonderful. This is the very first time that she has ever played. She scored one GOAL!! Everyone on her team scored a goal, some girls scored many, others only one. They are a good group of girls! Jenna was most comfortable in the fullback position, not that they play positions. She was very good at defending the goal and kicked the ball away from the other teams goal three times. Not bad for her first game ever! It is certainly very entertaining to watch the girls play. They have a hard time passing the ball to others on their team. But we were all surprised that no girl was just wandering around picking flowers or grass. Everyone seemed very into the game. So I know that we are not supposed to keep score or anything because it is just for fun, and it was, but we kept score. At halftime it was 9 to 0 for the Purple Butterflies and the final score was 17 to 3 for the Purple Butterflies! I know that scores seems like we are making that up, but you should see some of these girls, they have talent! So the game was a big success and Jenna had a lot of fun and just wanted to keep playing! She can't wait until next week.

So if you look carefully at the picture of Jenna and Luke they both have scrapes on their faces, and no I did not beat them. As we were walking to the bus stop, Jenna was running and fell flat on her face. She was bleeding and so we were close enough to home that I went home and cleaned her up and then I had to take the kids( yes, I not only had Jenna, but two other neighbor kids) in the car to the bus stop so they wouldn't miss the bus.Anyway, after a rough start to the day she had a great day! Although this morning her nose is very scarred and she looks like she took quite a hit! So if that wasn't enough for one day, on the way to pick Jenna up from the bus stop, Luke runs down the driveway and falls on his face! He has got a big scrape on his forehead! Fortunately we are all recovered and hope that today we have no falls.
Well, thanks for reading about my day! I enjoyed sharing! Until next time.....

1 comments:

Andrea Griggs

Looks like your kids are doing well and having a lot of fun! You are so close-I hope you are feeling well.